Tax and Financial Planning on Divorce or Separation
1st July 2021, 4:00 PM
Patrick Cannon, Charlotte Beck, and Jodi Tuson held a live afternoon webinar via Zoom where they discussed Tax and Financial Planning on Divorce or Separation.
1600 – 1700
- Capital Gains Tax
- Transfers of assets between spouses
- Use of Mesher or Martin orders
- Inheritance Tax – inter-spousal exemption – transfers pursuant to court orders – non-domiciled spouses
- SDLT – exemptions for separating and divorcing couples and the risk of 3% surcharge on new property purchases
- Property Adjustment orders
- Pension splitting
17:00 – 17:30 – Question and Answer Session
To put questions to Patrick Cannon, Charlotte, and Jodi in a live question and answer session.