Patrick Cannon is an expert among leading private client barristers and is experienced in all aspects of tax advice for private clients from advice on the taxation of non-UK residents, capital gains tax on business transfers, inheritance tax planning, property taxation, HMRC investigations both civil and criminal through to complex SDLT matters and white-collar and financial crime.
He provides private client services and appears frequently in the tax and property tribunals on a wide range of matters from capital gains tax and SDLT appeals, land valuation, professional negligence related claims against solicitors, accountants, company liquidators and insolvency disputes. Patrick’s other main practice areas are listed here.
Contact Patrick Cannon now if you have a private client issue that needs advice or resolution.
Private Client Expertise
Patrick Cannon can offer expert advice for Private Clients on:
- Non-Residence Taxation and Foreign Domicile
- Income and Capital Gains for individuals, partnerships and companies
- Inheritance Tax
- HMRC Enquiries / Tax Investigations
- Litigation/ Tax Appeals
- Judicial Review of decisions taken by HMRC
- Time limits on HMRC enquiries and investigations
Patrick also offers expertise in:
- Tax Avoidance Schemes and settling them with HMRC
- Stamp Duty Land Tax including SDLT refund applications
- GAAR and Enabler Penalties
- Financial Crime
- Civil and Criminal Tax Investigations
- SDLT and other taxes on divorce and separation
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
Why Hire Patrick Cannon?
Patrick Cannon is a leading tax and private client barrister with extensive experience in providing tax related services for private clients. He is also a tax investigations barrister and offers tax planning advice for barristers undergoing HMRC tax investigations.
As a barrister in independent practice he gets involved in a varied range of private client work as a barrister including:
- Tax on foreign income
- Tax dispute resolution
- Personal information and GDPR disputes
- Professional negligence claims and defence
- Powers of attorney
- Trustee powers and trust disputes
- Administration of estates
- Breach of trust
- Variations of trust
- Traditional Chancery work including company restructuring and reorganisation
- Commercial negotiations and disputes including right to light claims and their tax consequences
How to hire Patrick Cannon
Patrick is allowed by the Bar Standards Board to accept instructions direct from private clients under public access without going through a solicitor and he is also permitted to conduct litigation which means that he can issue legal proceedings on your behalf, deal with applications, witness statements and serve documents and correspond with HMRC and other third parties directly.
Get in touch here with Patrick to discuss your situation and how he might assist you.